New Year’s day. Time for New Year’s Resolutions. Here are mine. You can borrow them if you like. I wish you the best year of your life.
- I will know myself – forget my weaknesses, know my strengths, and know my talents. I will be a curious conscious human being.
- I will Love myself. Unconditionally. Period. No ifs. No buts. I will start every morning by looking myself in the mirror and saying “I love you”. I will not only say it but I will mean it and feel it.
- I will spend fifteen minutes a day meditating. I will seek that place where I feel one with all things. My focus will not be on nothingness but on me and my place in this beautiful world in which I live. Throughout the rest of the day I will take time to smell the flowers, to hug the trees, and say hello to the eagles.
- I am the most important person in my world so I will take good care of myself. I will be responsible for supplying all my own needs. I will not depend on anyone else to do what I alone can do.
- I will evaluate all my wants and make plans to obtain and achieve them.
- I will spend some quality time with myself. I will take time each day to focus my attention on me. I will ask myself what I would really like to do today and then do it.
- I will be honest with myself. I will cut through the crap that my ego wants to throw at me. No sad stories. No excuses for not being true to me. I am a beautiful, powerful human being. I will not just act it; I will live it.
- I will be honest with others. I will let them know my feelings and my desires, what I do and why I do a the things I do. I will not make excuses for my behavior. I will accept the responsibility for being me. I will explain my reasons for doing what I do and feeling what I feel. If those I love cannot live with the real me, then I must be prepared to let them go. I will live with the consequences of my actions and beliefs.
- I will come to grips with my sexuality, my gender and my orientation. I will understand that it is a part of me but not the whole me.
- I will control my sexuality and not let it control me. I will understand the intricacies of my gender and sexuality. It is my physical expression of my desires and my capacity to love. I will not fragment it by separating it from my need to love and be loved.